Cherry barbs dying one by one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Strange doings in the cherry barb tank (20 tall, tank has been in service for a few months). Last week, found one male dead, stuck to the filter intake, with a large red bulge in its rear quarters. Wasn't sure of any persistent problem, so I did a water change and let it go. Today, I see a similar mark on the underside of the second male. The only other inhabitants are 3 females, and 3 mystery snails. Did the snails bring parasites with them, and how should I approach this? Will post a pic when I get a chance.

Snails can bring parasites with them. Post some pictures which should help us out a lot.

Looking at him today, the second male's problem looks more like a bite, which is already healing. He's been very aggressive since the other one died, and one of the females probably gave him notice. Hopefully just a false alarm. Still don't know what the first male died of, but the females are all healthy, so it's just something to watch for now, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom