Cherry Grouper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceans n Indy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Need a quick response....I'm in the store. I can't take my eyes off of the beautiful cherry grouper they have. Will he be alright with my undulated trigger and panther grouper already in the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Right now I have a 5" Panther grouper, 4 1-2" Undulated trigger, and about a 10" snowflake eel in my 55 gal tank. However, I own and am working on putting together my 225 gal tank. Then I will have major decisions to make on what to keep in it and then convert the 55 into something else. I read before impulsively buying the Cherry Grouper that you shouldn't have more than one grouper in a tank, but does this mean more than one "Panther" grouper cannot be in the same tank or is it any "Grouper". The Cherry and the Panther are totally different body shapes and colors which is the only reason I posed the question thinking maybe there is a small chance still out there that they would be ok together.

I wasn't clear in my last reply..... I have not bought the cherry yet..hoping I could though.

I wouldn't.. seems like you'd be cramming a but too much in a 55??
* not a sw guy though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You did a good thing consulting with the forum prior to purchase anyways!! Impulse buys with large fish don't always end well;)

You did a good thing consulting with the forum prior to purchase anyways!! Impulse buys with large fish don't always end well;)

You know it!
I'm a freshwater guy too but I'd wait till you get everything on the 225 before you consider more fish.

You know it!

I'm a freshwater guy too but I'd wait till you get everything on the 225 before you consider more fish.

+1 those are some truly massive predators. Wait until you upgrade

Back
Top Bottom