cherrys and crystal breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy guy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Will they eventually just cap off? Or will I need to house new shrimps at some point? The tank only has kuhli loaches and a betta, and a borneo sucker, so not too much killers in the tank lol

Word, so if I feed just enough for the colony, they would cap off when the food wasn't as popular? That's kinda exactly what I wanted to hear (one of my new cherriews looks like she might have eggs) lol

Word, so if I feed just enough for the colony, they would cap off when the food wasn't as popular? That's kinda exactly what I wanted to hear (one of my new cherriews looks like she might have eggs) lol
i would guess thats how it would work

Yeah that's what I've read, and I really only want the crystals to get.a good colony going, and by then ill toss them in the next tank

:( well its pretty well planted, and the loaches seem to occupy under the driftwood, and the shrimps the cafe and higher up.. I guess well see haha

My crystal reds are more prolific than my cherrys. Shrimp add very little bioload to your tank so I don't know that you would need another tank. Just give some away to other hobbyist. I don't keep any fish with my shrimp but I don't want to lose any. If you are worried about having too many shrimp then the fish will help keep your numbers down. I feed my shrimp very lightly, shrimp, especially crystal red shrimp need very clean water to thrive and do well. Good luck with your shrimp!

Back
Top Bottom