Chiclid and filtrations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love_MyFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
My one filter is a aquion 30 filter and it has a high flow. Will this filter be ok as my juvi Chiclids seem to fight the flow.

They will be fine with the current, depending on feeding and how big the tank is you may want to turn it off at feeding time to prevent food from flying everywhere.

toddnbecka said:
What size tank, how many GPH does the filter pump, and what is the stocklist?

It is a 46 gallon tank, the gph is 200 and I have 2 yellow labs, 2 red zebras and 2 acei.

I run more filtration than that on my tanks, but they are stocked more heavily. Your fish should be fine with the flow, but really should be kept in groups rather than two of each. The zebras are more aggressive than the Lab's or acei, and may become a problem when they mature.

It is a 46 gallon tank, the gph is 200 and I have 2 yellow labs, 2 red zebras and 2 acei.

I'm afraid your tank going to be to small to house african mbuna. These fish require a 4ft tank at the minimum and the acei require a 6ft tank IMO. Also with these fish their aggression is reduced when stocked with 1m to 4f or try for a all male tank. Since they juvies a tank upgrade will be needed in no time.

As far as filtration you should shoot to turn your tank over 7-10 times per hour, where as your around 4.

HUKIT said:
I'm afraid your tank going to be to small to house african mbuna. These fish require a 4ft tank at the minimum and the acei require a 6ft tank IMO. Also with these fish their aggression is reduced when stocked with 1m to 4f or try for a all male tank. Since they juvies a tank upgrade will be needed in no time.

As far as filtration you should shoot to turn your tank over 7-10 times per hour, where as your around 4.

I also have a fluvana c4 filter rated 385 gph.

Back
Top Bottom