Chihiros rgb led or fluval aquasky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baydo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking for a light for my 15 gallon planted tank, this tech will be medium tech and was wondering if any of you guys have had any experiences with any of these lights, and if you had which one would you recommend
TANK SPECS
Dimensions (L) 24" (W) 12" (H) 12"
Substrate Fluval stratum
Co2: no co2 and don't plan to
Ferts using ferts and dosing weekly
Plants staurogyne repens, dwarf hair grass, anubias, amazon sword, chain sword, Blyxa japonica and Pygmy chain sword
Thanks

Bay
I have a Fluval Aquasky on my 120 gal. It's a great "Blue Collar" light. You can program the remote for customized lighting preferences, Thunderstorm settings, several Lunar light settings, several preprogrammed settings and a rotating light spectrum preset.
The 120 is too deep to make my Aquasky very useful for a plant light other than the standard low light plants. It might be fine for a shallow tank.

Go the rbg, in a 15g it will grow any plant and the colours from rbg are superior to the aquasky. I think the aquasky will be too bright for a non co2 tank.

Are both fixtures dimmable? That would be an important feature IMO.

I’m pretty sure they both are, as fresh said if your going low light then a dimmer will be a must have. Both lights are far to strong to run full blast on a low tech tank [emoji106]

Why do you think the fluval aquasky would be to high light? Its only 1100 lumens and 65-70 par at 12".

Why do you think the fluval aquasky would be to high light? Its only 1100 lumens and 65-70 par at 12".

I heard they were pretty intense and a 15g is only a shallow tank (unless it’s a 15 high). Both lights will work fine but the RBG is the superior of the 2 if u ask me.

How deep is the tank?

14" but with 2" of substarte Its probably 12"

Yep so 65-70 par is far to much light for a non co2 tank, you’d be wanting around 20-30 for a low tech

Although something to consider is if it’s going under a hood the rbg’s get pretty hot so you would need a few ventilation holes to let the heat out [emoji106]

Do you have an rgb? And what has been your experience with them, are they good for plants?

I'm no Aqua Gardner, but one thing I've learned from aquagardners is that it's difficult to find any two of them to totally agree about any aspect regarding the planted tank.
Regarding the Aquasky led light, it's the best all purpose light I've owned in my three decades
of fish keeping. I know nothing about the other light option.
I'm guessing that either light will probably work in your situation. I'd pick the one you can get the best deal on.
Note: the Aquasky light intensity can be adjusted from very dim to extremely bright.

Do you have an rgb? And what has been your experience with them, are they good for plants?

I don’t but if I had to buy a new light I’d be going with the rbg or a ada solar. You’ll find the rbg gives better plant colours but runs hotter and is cheaply built (I’ve heard the outer shell is little flimsy). The fluval has a better build but wash’s the colours out on plants more than the rbg.

The twinstar s series is another good rbg light with better build quality.

What about the up aqua pro led light Z series. Anyone had experience with this light?

What about the up aqua pro led light Z series. Anyone had experience with this light?

To be honest if your not using co2 you could just buy a cheap led spot light and that will be good enough for what you require [emoji106]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom