Children tank disasters!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macdaddydaze

Aquarium Advice Freak
Iknow you guys have had this happen to you your child or lil brother/sister does something horrible to your tank i wanna hear your guys storys :)

I had an oscar fry thT i had raised up to a 9 inch monster nd i left for the weekend and came back to a very cloudy tank and a very dead oscar turns out my mom put the fish feeding job to my 6 year old brother who poured the entire can inside the tank -____-

My three year old daughter found the fish net and pulled 4 rasboras out of the tank in the middle of the night.

Not my story but... My friend had his daughter throw his iPhone, keys and wallets into his reef tank. He wasn't happy. She climbed on the couch and that was all it took.

A Bayblade + 10gal = cracked glass, water on the floor and emergency fish and shrimp evacuation to my 75gal.

My 2-year-old son came into the kitchen with a blue mouth recently. He'd found ich medicine. I had to call poison control. The worst part was having to disguise my voice because I'd just called a few days earlier when he swilled a beer. Terrifying. He was fine; I was mortified. Mom fail.

Didn't happen to me, but my uncle had a 125 gallon fish tank. This is unfortunate but my aunt and uncle was getting a divorce. My cousin decided to take out her anger on the fish tank.

She kicked the fish tank (Bare foot) and broke the glass, all the fish and water came flowing out. Glass everywhere and dieing fish and water was all over the place. Blood was also everywhere being she cut her foot very badly. All the fish died because they had no place to put them in for rescue. She had to get a ton of stitches for her foot and professional cleaners had to be called in to clean all the water.

This was a saltwater tank FOWLR. :-/

Didn't happen to me, but my uncle had a 125 gallon fish tank. This is unfortunate but my aunt and uncle was getting a divorce. My cousin decided to take out her anger on the fish tank.

She kicked the fish tank (Bare foot) and broke the glass, all the fish and water came flowing out. Glass everywhere and dieing fish and water was all over the place. Blood was also everywhere being she cut her foot very badly. All the fish died because they had no place to put them in for rescue. She had to get a ton of stitches for her foot and professional cleaners had to be called in to clean all the water.

This was a saltwater tank FOWLR. :-/

Dang that sux there was probably so much time and money invested on that tank 2

When my daughter was almost two, she discovered the wonders of a stepstool. I went to the bathroom only to come back and discover she had dumped an entire brand new container of sinking pellets into my 20g because the fish 'was hungry'. What a gooey gross mess!!! Lots of bad words & tears, 5hrs and total tank rip apart, I was finally able to get everything out. Everything has remained locked since though I still catch her on occasion with a fish in her hands (she picks them up & takes them out of the tanks) and her trying to shove something in its mouth.... Not sure if its a good thing or bad thing that they are friendly fish!

Well .... flying toys smashing into tanks or angry daughters kicking tanks are things we really can't do too much about. BUT ... kids grabbing fish? Well I'm sure some Piranhas would curtail that behavior quickly:D

This is not something anybody caused but it happend about a year ago the day I got the phone call

The dreaded phone call
Sitting at work doing my thing this morning,at about 10 phone rang, you better come home. Huh??? why???
The tank cracked. Huh??(silence) What the %#@& !!!!! what happend ???. Don't know. Witch tank???
The one in the bedroom!!!. Where's the fish???(3 Nine inch oscars). Still in the tank. Ok catch them out and put them in the holding tank in the garage I'll see you in 20min....................... 10 min later I stoped at home. And my wife ask me what you doing home I got every thing under control. When I walked into the bedroom half the place
was under water and the 1.8m(6foot) was empty and the buckets were standing every where.

My son (2) loves to 'feed' the fishies. I have a room I keep all my art supplies and some of my tanks in but it's got a baby gate. My daughter (4) decided to let her brother and the dog in. I find my son feeding the fish and the dog cat biscuits and had dumped an entire can of floating betta pellets into the tank. That wasn't a fun day. When my daughter was about 2 she liked to try and catch the fish so she could pat them. :/

My 2-year-old son came into the kitchen with a blue mouth recently. He'd found ich medicine. I had to call poison control. The worst part was having to disguise my voice because I'd just called a few days earlier when he swilled a beer. Terrifying. He was fine; I was mortified. Mom fail.

HAHA. That is tooo funny. My parents had to call poison control on me alllllll the time.. :brows:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom