Chillers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
High I'm pretty new to the salt water reef tank. I purchased a 60 gallon glass tank on December 30. I put 1 inch of sand as my base and also built a sump with my local aquarium store owner my sump is 20 gallons and I have 200 watt heater in it along with a bubble magus curve 5 protien skimmer. I have about 45 lbs of live rock in the tank now i plan on purchasing about 20 more lbs as well. It's in its second week of cycling and going good so far.

My question is on tank chillers I live in California and it tends to get warm. We do not constantly run our ac throughout the summer months so I'm trying to figure out what chiller would be the best bang for my buck. 1/10 HP Mini Aquarium Chiller

This is a link to the one I'm currently looking at though it is a bit pricey. I like the features of being able to have a link to a heater and control it through a central controler. I purchased a current usa led light and I'm very happy with it so I do know they make a decent product. Also will keeping the water temp more stable do anything with evaporation rates?

Any advice would be apriciated.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A 1/10 should be fine for a 60g, but try looking at places like Craigslist. They pop up from time to time for much less than new. I had a 1/10 JBJ Artica last year that I sold when I sold my 75g. It was used, but worked great.

I hear you I just really like the integrated heater control not sure if they all have that or not.

Yeah ill have to check it out your link isn't working.

Sorry the link doesn't work. It's a 1/10 hp ecoplus brand chiller. Marketed for hydroponics but works great for saltwater as it has a titanium heat exchanger.

Keep in mind a chiller will raise you electricity bill a bit.

Back
Top Bottom