chinese algae eater not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chiefs101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my chinese algae eater for about a month. It is active and swims around but will not eat. Right now im feeding it algae wafers. I have tried feeding it at night and in the morning, with the light of and on. Does anybody no what is wrong or is this normal. The other fish also seem to eat the wafers and im not sure why.

You don't think he's eaten for the month? I would be that he is getting the food when you don't see him in that case. Or do you mean he just stopped eating?

What are your water parameters and what size tank? Try putting some zucchini or cucumber in the tank for him. My CAE love them.

None of my fish will eat algae wafers - I have a pleco, a bunch of coryodorus and a bristlenose I used to put wafers in but the angel fish ended up eating them. There is enough crud in to tank to keep them going.

Unless your algae eaters start getting thin (Look at them underneath, just behind the gills) I wouldn't be concerned.

Back
Top Bottom