ChizerBunoi's 90 Gallon Planted Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChizerBunoi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This journal will just include images from time to time.

IMG_2241.jpg

looks great! what's your plant list? and are you using a co2 system or just ferts?

@johmartz - Thank you.

CO2
10lbs aluminium cylinder with beverage style co2 regular and solenoid
Red Sea co2 intank reactor
Milwaukee PH Controller

Substrate
100% Seachem Flourite Dark Brown - 7 bags took forever to rinse, you'd be surprised at how much sand comes with this stuff

Fertilizer
Dosing Seachem line of ferts except for the Seachem Flourish Trace. I'm dosing this system because it works well and I'm also lazy to do more than 20% weekly water changes. For NPK and trace, I just mix my own ferts rather than buying them. I only buy the Seachem Flourish Iron. But it's nice having all of the bottles to keep in.

Seachem%20Dosing.JPG

Lights
4 x T5HO TEK fixture, photo-period is 10 hours for all 4 and 6 hours for 2.

I can't seem to take good pictures. This is after a pruning.
IMG_2270.jpg

I'll post a plant list next time, when the photos turn out better.

Wow. That tank is everything I ever want mine to be.. except 3 times the size.. and probably an unachievable goal.. You all make me feel insignificant! Haha

This looks amazing what's your stock in it

It's a huge mixed community. I can't help it when people say, please take my fish. I guess I just like to rescue fish.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

IMG_2348.jpg

Let my laziness begin.

IMG_2349.jpg

13 days later...
IMG_2357.jpg

13 more days later...
IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

Ammannia gracillis, Rotala rotundifolia and Heteranthera zosterifolia (Stargrass)
IMG_2371.jpg

Your tank is truly incredible! Can't wait to hear what fish are in there...what was the peek-a-boo fish?

Those rummynose are beautiful. How do you get them so red? Low ph? I have good parameters in my tank but high-ish ph and my rummies never got that red, I think they may have been a different strain though. Aren't there 3 types?

The peek-a-boo fish is a siamese fighting fish female.

The rummy nose are the common false variety. Yes there are three different types. When I bought them from the store, they barely had any red in the tips. My PH is 8.1 out of the tap and dial the co2 to bring it down to 7.2. When you have plants, all of your fish look good and are extremely happy.

I have a pretty heavily planted 29g... Mine looked pretty good. I only have DIY co2, so I can't control my co2 that well. I think I had a different variety. Maybe yours were just happier! :(

I agree with the other comments. Your tank is fantastic & your fish look like they're thriving in that environment :)

I only wish I had the time and money to develop a tank like that! Please keep pictures coming!!

Back
Top Bottom