Choosing A New Canister....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bry1105

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im sick of my marineland c-360 giving me problems (leaking now) so Im looking for a new canister. Id prefer an Eheim, but theyre a little pricey. So Im trying to decide between the Rena xp2 and the Fluval 306. Any suggestions? Thanks! :fish2:

I use the Rena XP3 & 4. They are a very dependable filter, and VERY easy to service. I am currently running 9 of them. I have never had any problems with them. My oldest one is about 9 years old and still running with all the original parts.

bry1105 said:
Im sick of my marineland c-360 giving me problems (leaking now) so Im looking for a new canister. Id prefer an Eheim, but theyre a little pricey. So Im trying to decide between the Rena xp2 and the Fluval 306. Any suggestions? Thanks! :fish2:

What size tank?

Its a 45 gallon bowfront. Actually it would be the Rena xp3. Im gonna see if Marineland will send me a new filter head. One thing I will try in the future is using silicone grease on all my gaskets/o-rings at each maintenance. Maybe the seals will last longer (if thats even the problem).

bry1105 said:
Its a 45 gallon bowfront. Actually it would be the Rena xp3. Im gonna see if Marineland will send me a new filter head. One thing I will try in the future is using silicone grea se on all my gaskets/o-rings at each maintenance. Maybe the seals will last longer (if thats even the problem).

U can also use Vaseline. Wouldn't hurt to try. I've got a fluval fx5 on mine.

I have a Fluval 305 and I love it. It is so quiet I have to touch it to see if its working. Mine has never given me any problems in the past 8 months I have used it. The only thing I do that they dont really tell you is lubricate the gasket with pertoleum jelly to enhance the seal and keep the gasket moist.

Back
Top Bottom