Choosing aquarium rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Javaman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Are these rocks ok to put a pile im my 20 gallon ?

image-144983701.jpg

image-2529718680.jpg

image-3832119811.jpg

They look like river rock but it looks like they are around a garden area. If any pesticides have been used near them I wouldn't use them. If you know that no pesticides have been used put a little vinegar on them. If they bubble DO NOT use them.

I'm no geologist but they look like a hard rock not limestone base so I would assume they would be ok to use if they pass the vinegar test.

Yep those are river rocks. Boil them for a few minutes or soak them to clean them and you should be good to aquascape. Just out of curiosity, are they from a garden? If so, did you use chemicals around the rocks? If so, make sure you clean them well.

Mark388 said:
They look like river rock but it looks like they are around a garden area. If any pesticides have been used near them I wouldn't use them. If you know that no pesticides have been used put a little vinegar on them. If they bubble DO NOT use them.

I'm no geologist but they look like a hard rock not limestone base so I would assume they would be ok to use if they pass the vinegar test.

Cool thanks man

somethingsfishy said:
Yep those are river rocks. Boil them for a few minutes or soak them to clean them and you should be good to aquascape. Just out of curiosity, are they from a garden? If so, did you use chemicals around the rocks? If so, make sure you clean them well.

Bay area california im gettin these from my yard but they are everywhere . Side of road , by the water i havent seen a yard without them and no pesticides.

Ok well just wash them really well and boil them to make sure that any contaminates come off.

Back
Top Bottom