Christmas Tree Worm Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stresco

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, Ok, Ok!!! Don't beat me up for this, but i stopped by JawsII last night to get some Aquastick, and wond up buying a Christmas Tree Worm Rock for my tank. I just couldnt resist. He had sooo many great looking peices of corals, I just had to get something. Now i need to know how to care for it. I looked it up on Liveauaria.com and they list it as a difficult coral to keep, is this true? How do you care for it? What does it need to thrive? What do i feed it? Placement right now is in a shady area in the sand of the tank with Low-Med flow, is this good?

If you guys are looking for any really nice BIG show quality pieces, you should stop by Jaws in Elmsford. Most of his stuff was way too big for my tank, but they were beautiful.

Steve

I have/had one. Mine no longer has worms. I watched my cleaners pick them off one by one. But, the coral itself (porites) seems to be a very hardy coral. I keep mine under 4x65w PC lights. I feed the tank twice a week with kent photoplankton and it's seems to be doing great. It was the first coral, and is still my favorite of all.

Ok, Kool. I have to start feeding my tank again, and I was planning on using PhytoFeast from Reed Mariculture, so that should do the trick.

I just got on a couple weeks back with some really cool red worms. Just FYI the worms cannot live without the porites.

I feed my tank DT's oyster eggs and phyto alternating every other day. I mainly see the worms open at night and they get spooked reallly eadily.

The rock I got was 1/2 dead and had about 8 worms in it. The porites is starting to recover the rock, can I expect any new worms to pop up?

No, everything I've read said the worms won't reproduce, so what you have is what you have. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom