Christmas Wrasse!!!????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popothemailman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, i have a 55gal tank and 1 big blue tang, 1 lunar wrasse, 1 small snowflake eel, and 1 christmas wrasse. I recently had a flame angel, that died about a week ago...3days after i got :( i had a fish with (forgot name) but it was pink and looked like it had a purple finger print in the middle of its side, i added him witht he blue tang yesturday, the tang lookes good but the pink one died this morning... my christ mas wrasse usually is under the sand but today he is laying down on the sand. the nitrite is 0 my ammonia is 0, what is the prob, bad luck??? and isnt that the christmas wrasses nature to just lie around or hide under the sand?

My x-mas wrasse was all over the place never stopping, that is why I got rid of him. Knocking over my corals ect....
how do you acclimate your fish? when a fish dies shortly after you introduce it to the tank it could be the acclimation process.
What about your Nitrate? with a large fish load like yours in a 55 this would/could be a problem. Any skimmer, fuge?
Check NO3 ASAP and if over 40 you have a problem, water change ASAP to get it down.

Back
Top Bottom