Cichlid 20 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mboehm13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gal with a rainbow shark and several zebra danios(which I could move to a 10 gal) I was thinking of getting either a yellow lab Cichlid pair or a Kirb Cichlid pair which one would be better suited.

I"m not sure about which pair of cichlids would be better, but I would highly recommend leaving the danios in the 20 gallon! They will appreciate the swimming room. For such an active species I would not recommend downsizing!

you really should upgrade the rainbow shark,from what most of the people who helped me with mine said,55 gallon minimum

Thank you and will definitely leave the danios alone, but does anybody have any input on which Cichlids would be better tank mates

I believe Kribs are smaller and less trouble. lol i keep africans but not too sure about the Kribs. In a small tank a pair might be all you can have.

Im with Rosenweiss you should not down grade and i would look at no smaller than 75 gallon for your cichlids as for yellow labs or Kirb thats down to your own preference , me i would go with the labs as i love their colouring and as they mature will be more entertaining IMO

happy fish keeping

yellow labs don't belong in a 20g. Not to mention, they'll kill any fish with them other than other africans. Kribs would be fine. THey're much more docile fish.

Back
Top Bottom