Cichlid pregnant or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsheeler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I have an orange cichlid that I think might have fry or eggs in her mouth. I'm sorry I don't know exactly wat she is but looks exactly like the electric yellow one I have. She hasn't eaten in 3 days. How do I know shes got fry or eggs and if she does should I take her outta the main tank and any suggestions on how to do that so she doesn't swallow the eggs or whatever. There's a Lotta rocks and what not and other fish. 75 gal tank. Thanks

It will look like she is chewing bubble gum and under her mouth it will look kinda swollen. You can leave her in the tank and let her spit them out there but the fry will more than likily be ate by the others. If your wanting to keep them then I would remove her till she spits then put her back into the main tank.

U did wanna try and keep the fry. Any idea how long I have and any suggestions on how to catch her? Take out all the rocks and things she can hide in? Will she slow down soon so it's easier? Howdo you guys do it?

Back
Top Bottom