Cichlid Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkullAngel

Aquarium Advice Activist
can I keep a electric blue cichlids(1) with a few(3) fancy guppies(the cichlids is only about 1pm and the guppies about 1.5in....
P.S. I am just asking for now and might or might not getbthe cichlids depending on your guys answer

Yeah electric blue cichlids are too big for a ten gallon. When i had a ten gallon I loved raising platy or tetra. Try those maybe?

I was thinking that the electric blue can become the boss of the tank when it get a bit older

Sprry, but electric blue cichlids need at least around a 70 gallon tank. A 10 gallon would be way too small. Try googling it and it will give you different opinions on it, but none will say that a 10 gallon is suitable.

BTW I heard guppies reproduce at an alarming rate, what is the approximate amount of fry will one female have?

SkullAngel said:
Dang that's alot....

Yes it is. So if you get fry you need to have a plan as to what to do with them all. You can leave them with the parents to get eaten but some will still survive and over crowd your tank. You can give them away and trade at your LFS but not all will take them.

I'll probably get a breeding trap and the first to second batch, then the rest I might just give it away

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom