Cichlid Tank Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juventus7shop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all; I'm looking for some easy cichlid tank stocking ideas!! Good for newbies, easy to take care of, but still eye-catching and exciting (potentially with a larger centerpiece fish). My targeted tank size is 55 gallons; since I'm new-ish to world of cichlids, I'm open to both African and South American varieties; stock list ideas would be very welcome! Thank you!!

Oh, also wanted to mention, the tank doesn't have to be all cichlids; if you have recommendations for compatible companions, feel free to include those![emoji6] once again, thank you!!

Well, One way to do it would be to get an EBA (Electric Blue Acara) as your centerpiece fish and then add some rainbow fish or a larger schooling fish

Peacocks and haps are what I mainly have in my 55. If you want to go African. I also have a rogue golden gourami who likes to think he's a cichlid and a red tailed shark that likes to keep everyone in line... or attempt to. Both of these are from when I had a community tank but they fit in and are doing well. all of my fish won't go over 6-7 inches which imo is ok for a 55. If I had anything bigger than that I would consider getting a bigger tank but that's just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom