Cichlids at night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AddictedtoFishNoW

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I was wondering where I can find in depth detail on the cichlids personalities and how they connect to the owner and interesting articles like that? Also how they are at night and dark? Can they sleep? Or see at night? Thanks :D

they connect simply with one thing. FOOD!!! feed them twice a day just as i do, and they will be swimming around acting like puppies. Seems to me they always want to see you, thats why i love cichlids.

I know me too I love that part about them hahaha,, it's why I chose them over discus's and angelfish for now :D next tank i'll have discus in hopefully in a few months, but I just wanted to try and learn more about them by the book per say and not just by the basics, more about there personalities

Well let watch my cichlids tonight i dont even know what they do at night.

Discus and angelfish ARE cichlids....

Fish don't completely sleep, but they do rest. No eyelids and fear of being eaten makes it tough to sleep I guess. ;)

There was an article on fish and sleep recently in the AFI (Aquarium Fish International) I believe and everything is at your finger tips with good online searching.

I have an albino tiger and he is beautiful. I like the bright colors of the albinos.

tiger all the way! but bioload is big and so is the personality. no friends for it unless the gallons are huge and it has to be another oscar.
how big is the tank?

tiger all the way! but bioload is big and so is the personality. no friends for it unless the gallons are huge and it has to be another oscar.
how big is the tank?

Not true. They just need to be similar size and temperament, not too shy or too mean.

My mbuna seem to "sleep". The frontosas seem to stay more active. Depends on which fish you're curious about.

Thx.. who r u asking :D usually keyword usually same size that if bullied can defend and run away :D I have Oscar with a green terror and jack demp and few others but they all get along fine. Don't believe everything everyone tells u on the web..if u have more cichlids less aggression..I always change my layout In my tank when I do a water change and vacuum to keep them having fun and getting use to the change

Well as long as the African is bigger than the tiger. In my mixed tank the boss is the cobalt but after that it would be a tie with my tiger Oscar and black convict but I have setup 3 different worlds for them on one tank. One part stone cave. One part rocks plants hiding places all over. A lot of long plants so they can hide. But I have monitored them religiously when I mixed to make sure rhey all get along. I haven't lost one yet or seen major injury..I treat them great..I'm getting really deep into the hobby now that I'm the first customer almost at the lfs to get first dibs on the fish selections.. did u guys do that or do that now or is it just me..I goto every petsmart within 20 mile radius and get ones that r unique every weds

Well as long as the African is bigger than the tiger. In my mixed tank the boss is the cobalt
its good that the cobalt is the boss, but that wont be for long.
i got an oscar, 2ins, kept it in a net ovenight while i prepped the other tank for a grow out. the OB zebra 5ins hated it so much it jumped into the net and killed the oscar. so unless you are very lucky, they wont go well :(

i dont see why people like oscars so much, if you can only keep ONE, whats the point. id be bored out of my mind watching one fish.

Back
Top Bottom