cichlids breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexistayla

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so i have a 26 gallon bowfront thats been up and running for almost 2 months. i noticed my yellow lab's
mouth is larger than normal. after doing some research i can see shes holding eggs in her mouth. this is my first experience with cichlids, and i dont know what to do. should i not do anything? let her be? i was reading about stripping her? i dont have an extra tank to put her in, my small apartment wont allow it. please help!

lexi ??

i have the yellow lab, a kenyi, a demasoni, a jack dempsey, a venustus, a mixed cichlid im not too sure what kind he is, and a hap.

lexi ??

If you want to keep the baby's then make sure that they have a place to hide when the mom spits out the fry, like some plants if you do that some should make it I had a my kenyi give fry in the same with my other Africans tand 5 lived and I gave 2 away and a few weeks later the other 3 are swimming around like they own the place

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

My Severums spawn roughly every 2 weeks or so. I let my catfish take care of the fry, free feeders ;)

i have the yellow lab, a kenyi, a demasoni, a jack dempsey, a venustus, a mixed cichlid im not too sure what kind he is, and a hap.

lexi ??

None of those fish are suitable for a 26 gallon tank. You'd need a 75 minimum just for the Africans even w/out the venustus, and another for the Jack Dempsey.

Reactions: HN1
Back
Top Bottom