Ciclids - what is it about them you like????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I have only seen blah white ones or yellow ones...i dont know how many their are.

I ask because I wonder if there is something I am missing or if they like that kind of fish.

LOL! Be sure to look up Pseudotropheus demasoni. They are simply stunning. Even 1/4-inch long fry have the full adult colors.

WHat i find most interesting is watching their actual behavior. They are very entertaining to watch compared to other 'brainless' fish. :lol:

Haha - they are hot. Just need to look at them online, I guess I have just seen what alot of the LFS carry, which seem to be pretty generic looking. I have not seen any this nice in the lfs.

I must be going to the wrong place!

Convicts are the best! They come with stripes of course. but in all shades of colors too. i have a tan with black and a grey with black stripes. They're cool. and they do great with puffer fish.

There are so many different types of cichlids. Try www.malawimayhem.com They have TONS of African's. They range in color from blue to purple to yellow to organge to black, to grey, to white, ok, I know, I'm not going to list ALL the colors. Anyway. They have great personalities and I think are easy to keep. Check my 150 Gal Sig.

I like my cichlids because they have tons of personality and they're really interesting to watch. :mrgreen:

COnvicts are meaner than snot. I have a grey one with black stripes. He turns pitch black when he is mad, and attacks my Jack Dempsey. even though the jack gets the best of him.

I like my cichlids because they have tons of personality and they're really interesting to watch.
I agree, we got rid of our trouble making, mess making dog to get a fishtank,
only to find that oscars are the dog of the fish world..
we have a daily ritual, when i come home they get so excited, and seem happy to see me, and spend time with me.. whereas if a stranger comes in they will shun them and not have anything to do with them unless I am there..
My salmontail catfish is the only one without as much character, he's a bit of a loner i think, and prefers to "know whats going on but not get involved"...
maybe it's my personal preferance, but i think oscars and discus have the best cichlid "personality"

Back
Top Bottom