circulation in a 75g freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been wondering if its necessary to have a maxi jet for good circulation. I have a fluval 406 and a emperor 400 is that enough? I just got 3 angels yesterday and I noticed my Angels were being pushed over by the current. So I turned my maxi jet off. You think I'd be okay without it? Angels like slow moving waters.. Tell me what you all think. Cause I'm really stuck on what to do.

Filtration wise I'd say your good, if you are worried about aeration and oxygen supply then I would just add an air stone to help out.

I'm sorry I forgot add that I'm worried about heating through tank. Water circulation wise.

I don't think you need the maxi jet especially if it makes the current so strong the angels are having problems swimming. Sounds like you have enough filtration and as Tam stated you can always add a bubbler if you feel the tank needs it.

It's a 300 watt heater btw.

I think that would be ok, if you are worried than perhaps get a second smaller one adjust them accordingly and keep them on opposite ends. I believe 300 watts is recommended for 80 gallons though.

Your heater should be fine unless you keep your house really cold in the winter (depending on where you live). Again as Tam said you can add a second heater and space them out evenly, I have 3-300w heaters spaced out in my 220g.

Okay we keep our house pretty warm in the winter. I'm not really sure how to set heaters like that. Wouldnt they over heat the tank?

Rivercats said:
Your heater should be fine unless you keep your house really cold in the winter (depending on where you live). Again as Tam said you can add a second heater and space them out evenly, I have 3-300w heaters spaced out in my 220g.

I live in Kansas:)

You set your heater or heaters at whatever you want, I do 78F. When you have multiple heaters they don't have to work so hard trying to keep the entire tank warm (in a big tank), I have 3 because the big tank is in the sunroom which gets cooler in the winter even tho it has heat. Just get a good heater, preferably one that the glass is enclosed with a guard. You are alot less likely to break a heater in a case/guard and then there is no way fish can come in contact with the hot glass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom