Circulation Pump.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure I could find some.. Did you happen to see my tank picture? if I can't find any that are worth taking, what should I try to look for?

fishfool58 said:
I'm sure I could find some.. Did you happen to see my tank picture? if I can't find any that are worth taking, what should I try to look for?

No can you post it again?

This is it, I hope it works, I'm on my iPhone. & if I can't find any good rocks in a river/creek/lake. What should I look for?

Attachments

• image-1549521369.jpg
    image-1549521369.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 66
Go to a landscaping place or something like lowes/home depot... For the most part rocks are rocks. Lfs might charge you $5 a lb but they just picked it right up off the ground just like you or me would haha

Agreed. Also what are looking to do? Make caves and go natural? Build up higher and stack them? Maybe river rock and some slate?

So the only things at lowes/home depot, were landscaping blocks, smooth pieces.. I'm looking for something like base rocks/lace rocks, something that looks sorta water like I guess?

Okay, thanks.. I'll have to find some.. Cause I want more of a natural look, but 4-5$ a lb kind of sucks.. Thanks!

fishfool58 said:
It is very nice, yours looks like ones I've seen on google.. It's exactly what I hope I could get mine to look like one day!

Wow!! I really appreciate all the kind words! Makes me proud lol. Thank you and I'm sure your tank is gonna look amazing as well!! Take your time and plan out your scape. When you have everything in your tank take a step back and review! You can always move things! Can't wait for pics!

I found some really nice slate and rock kits on eBay :)

Tsaye said:
I found some really nice slate and rock kits on eBay :)

Thanks! Would slate rock be good.. Idk what I'm looking for, I was told base rock & lace rock would be best.. Never put rocks, just plants & decorations in my tank.. I have no idea what I'm looking for or need..

Convict2161 said:
Wow!! I really appreciate all the kind words! Makes me proud lol. Thank you and I'm sure your tank is gonna look amazing as well!! Take your time and plan out your scape. When you have everything in your tank take a step back and review! You can always move things! Can't wait for pics!

I will definitely get pictures up whenever I get my rocks & my scape figured out.. & how big is your tank?

fishfool58 said:
Thanks! Would slate rock be good.. Idk what I'm looking for, I was told base rock & lace rock would be best.. Never put rocks, just plants & decorations in my tank.. I have no idea what I'm looking for or need..

image-3098807755.jpg

As others mentioned, landscaping shops are the best place to go if you don't have rock available in the outdoors. The rock in this photo was 13 cents per pound at a local company, and there's 120 lbs of it in there. Around $15.60 + tax makes for a lot of hiding places. Good luck with your search.

I know slate is good for Cichlid tanks, the kits I bought were really nice, they were the blue/gray color and look amazing under the moon glow lights! I paid $12 for each kit an there was 20 pieces, all good sizes, perfect for stacking and making your own ledges/caves. I live in a small town so I didn't have many options on where to get them. If you type in "aquarium rocks" or "aquarium stones" you will have a lot of colors/shapes to choose from

Tsaye said:
I know slate is good for Cichlid tanks, the kits I bought were really nice, they were the blue/gray color and look amazing under the moon glow lights! I paid $12 for each kit an there was 20 pieces, all good sizes, perfect for stacking and making your own ledges/caves. I live in a small town so I didn't have many options on where to get them. If you type in "aquarium rocks" or "aquarium stones" you will have a lot of colors/shapes to choose from

Thanks.. I will definitely check later tonight!

Back
Top Bottom