Clay pots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kellie, I can't exactly tell if I am picturing what nereksnad did with the pots right either. I have an idea but I am usually way off in left field

I realize the pots have become off topic to this thread, but I was just wondering if you could post a picture of what you did to the pots? My brain is intrigued but I can't quite picture what you mean.
Thanks!
Kellie, I can't exactly tell if I am picturing what nereksnad did with the pots right either. I have an idea but I am usually way off in left field
this is the pot i have in my tank, with a rushly made sketch of how it's set up.

33369-albums10657-picture45829.jpg

My Cichlids love the clay pots. Don't have any plants or anything though.

if you break a pot and want to use it in an aquarium you sould use some rough sandpaper on it to make sure there are no sharp edges.

edit: was a response to Lt. before he edited his post..

Last edited:
My set up is a little ghetto and i know my fish are crowded. They are going to be in something much larger in a few days. But, here are my clay pots.

Attachments

• image-1577531394.jpg
    image-1577531394.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 71
Thank you! I like the bubbles but they make my plants float. Lol.

My parents had bubbles in their tanks when I was a kid, is this the "bubble stone" they refer to in the books that will speed up the time it takes the chlorine to evoprate from the bucket?

I let mine sit for 12plus hours could be days but always 12. Never had a problem but read about an air stone that would speed things up. Couldn't think of what an air stone was for the life of me and the LFS lady looked at me like I had ten heads that is of course before I joined this site and here I am rambling before bed lol

Hahaha. That's so funny! I enjoy the airstones. Completely off topic, but here are the bubbles in my other tanks just for fun. Lol.

Attachments

• image-636887368.jpg
    image-636887368.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 60
  • image-2966169601.jpg
    image-2966169601.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 78
I drilled alot of holes where i wanted the entrance to be, and used the drill to cut the piece out. after that it took alot of work with rough sandpaper.
but it sould be possible to just use rough sandpaper without drilling anything, but that's going to take more time.

Nereksnad,
Thanks for posting the picture and how to, much cooler then what i was picturing. Very unique and creative way to use the pots. I want another one to two more comfy hiding holes in my tank before i continue my stocking plan may have to try this! I was also considering a sand path, two small pots like you set up might be neat as an "entrance"to the path, hiding holes and aesthetics in one.

Back
Top Bottom