Clayman's 30g upgrade build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clayman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just getting ready to upgrade my 29g planted tank to a 30g. I'm am rediculously excited about the change of footprint and height change! The 29 has a finnex planted+ which I will move to the 30. It also has a eheim 2213 with glass Lilly pipes and inline co2 diffuser powered by a gla reg. on a 5lb tank. All this will be going to the new tank. Not bringing the power head I'm using for increased water movement but adding a Eheim 2215 as well. I am also adding a single t5 ho fixture if I need the extra light. I found a 30g tank at goodwill for 14 bucks, seals and glass are in great shape!' I'm building a stand to hold it. Stand will also hold my 10g peacock gudgeon/cherry shrimp tank below the 30. Here's some pics of the progress.(I don't get much time to work on this)

Framing of the stand
100179-albums14358-picture68909.jpg

Some trim and stain
100179-albums14358-picture68975.jpg

Stand with one of the doors on and empty tank
100179-albums14358-picture68978.jpg

More to come. Hoping to bolt the stand to the wall and get everything transferred over from the 29 sometime this week/weekend.

That looks so lovely!
I'm impressed with your building work. :)

That looks so lovely!
I'm impressed with your building work. :)

Thank you! I got all the wood for free and I'm so happy to be putting up this tank. It feels enormous compared to the 29g in switching from.

Got the stand bolted to the wall and got the 10g P. Gudgeon pair and cherry tank moved to it.

100179-albums14358-picture69010.jpg

Nice tanks Clayman! What kind of noise are you hearing from your canister? Quite often can be air trapped making noise..

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks tiger. I'm pretty sure it's not air. This tank has a 2213 and a 2215, the 2215 is making the noise. I think it's the impeller, I recently put a new shaft in it and it still making noise. Seems like the impeller is just too loose on the shaft. I'm ordering a new one. This filter sat in the closet dry for over a year but it still pumps really well with lots of flow. I've shaken, turned, moved it about and all the air is out.

Thanks tiger. I'm pretty sure it's not air. This tank has a 2213 and a 2215, the 2215 is making the noise. I think it's the impeller, I recently put a new shaft in it and it still making noise. Seems like the impeller is just too loose on the shaft. I'm ordering a new one. This filter sat in the closet dry for over a year but it still pumps really well with lots of flow. I've shaken, turned, moved it about and all the air is out.

Impeller noise then most likely.. Hope the replacement solves your issue.

sit in silence...

Well I got a problem. I think gassed some of my fish. Everything was good last night, fed the fish dosed my ferts, all was well. Today I came home to three dead rasboras, two more not able to swim. Four cardinals dead. The only thing I can figure is too much co2. All parameters good. Ammonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-30,(just dosed macros). The only thing off wad my ph which had dropped from7.6down to 6 or below. Guessing this is because too much co2. I added airstone, increased surface movement and am about to change water just incase any spikes fro the dead fish. Drop checker wasn't installed yet and bubble counter was not normal. I must have changed the needle valve when I moved everything but it's been a few days with no problems. Not end of tank dump cause I'm showing half full on my reg. gauge. Fish are much more active and not gasping after a few hours of the increased O2. **** I'm pissed at myself. Been a while since I had fish death.

I killed off a school of furcata forktail rainbows with too much CO2. The drop checker would show more yellow than green. They did not die at the same time. It took a few days ?
I am running at 1-2 BPS CO2 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well got my co2 level sorted out with no more fish deaths. Freezing pretty crappy about gassing over half my stock. I'm down to 2 rasboras, 2 cardinals, 3 Corys, a pair of apistos and a couple Amano shrimp. About to do a trim and a water change. Plants are growing nicely though. Gonna have to restock soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 114
Updated pic. Plants are growing spectacularly, got a little green algae problem starting. Maybe my co2 needs to be bumped up. Here she is:

100179-albums14358-picture69091.jpg

Back
Top Bottom