Clean up crew for fry tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pongeer247

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking for a goo clean up crew for my 1 gal. Fry tank. Ha a go with ghost shrimp but they started eating my fry. I was thinking about a snail or two. Any suggestions on a good type that isn't too messy? Thanks in advance.

You could do nerite snails or some cherry shrimp...you could probably do some rams horns to but they reproduce pretty quickly but you could easily sell them too

You could do nerite snails or some cherry shrimp...you could probably do some rams horns to but they reproduce pretty quickly but you could easily sell them too

Will the cherry shrimp eat fry like my ghost shrimp did?

no the cherry shrimp will not eat fry ghost shrimp will.... u can also get otocinclus catfish and ramshorn or nerite or trumpet snails

no the cherry shrimp will not eat fry ghost shrimp will.... u can also get otocinclus catfish and ramshorn or nerite or trumpet snails

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to get some snails for now, Probably trumpet or nerites, and incorporate some cherry shrimp into my tanks later.

Back
Top Bottom