Cleaners with Cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FishyBusiness said:
Yes their nocturnal. Mine come out a little around 10 am every day, I don't know why. Their just weird, lol. But as soon as the lights are off there zippin' round all night.

Hah, that sounds funny.. & I actually might get me a pair when my cichlids grow a tad bit more.. & should I only get 2?

FishyBusiness said:
Yes their nocturnal. Mine come out a little around 10 am every day, I don't know why. Their just weird, lol. But as soon as the lights are off there zippin' round all night.

Haha that's what mine do

Andrew McFadden sorry I've not replyed to your message ? Haven't got an iglo how to mate :) got videos of my tanks and fish,just don't know how too upload from my iPad 2 mate :)

I would suggest an appropriately sized Syno over a Pictus. The Syno is more robust. Pictus may work, but it's somewhat of a gamble. I've read where Cichlids may eat the eyes out of Pictus.

Labenator65000 said:
I would suggest an appropriately sized Syno over a Pictus. The Syno is more robust. Pictus may work, but it's somewhat of a gamble. I've read where Cichlids may eat the eyes out of Pictus.

Don't synos get to be pretty big? Like 15 inches??

I love my African featherfin, and he does a great job at cleaning the bottom. He grew quick also, he was about 1-1.5" when I got him, and now is around 6, in a year. He should be about done growing though.

Crawdaddy said:
I love my African featherfin, and he does a great job at cleaning the bottom. He grew quick also, he was about 1-1.5" when I got him, and now is around 6, in a year. He should be about done growing though.

I thought they grew bigger than that? & that's pretty cool.. :p

fishfool58 said:
Ahh, cool.. Would they get along with my albino BN Pleco?

He gets along with both my CAE, and my leopard highfin Pleco. In my community tank I have a younger one the gets along with my BN, and my rubber lip.

Crawdaddy said:
He gets along with both my CAE, and my leopard highfin Pleco. In my community tank I have a younger one the gets along with my BN, and my rubber lip.

That's good. What is CAE?

fishfool58 said:
Don't synos get to be pretty big? Like 15 inches??

They come in all shapes and sizes. I have a featherfin myself. BTW I had a CAE in with my Malawis and they killed it.

Labenator65000 said:
They come in all shapes and sizes. I have a featherfin myself. BTW I had a CAE in with my Malawis and they killed it.

I thought the featherfins got big.. & I'm sorry.. I'm not too crazy about CAE,

Back
Top Bottom