Cleaning Alge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e.mmareese

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have fake plants in my 55 gallon and each time I do a PWC I have to take them out and clean them off with a toothbrush to get the alge off and it just takes forever and it doesn't completely come off, is there a better way to do this?

make a solution of 1 part bleach to 20 parts water. when doing your water change, pull out plastic plants. put your plastic plants in the DIY solution for a few minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Rinse thoroughly again. Place back in tank. sit down, relax,.

make a solution of 1 part bleach to 20 parts water. when doing your water change, pull out plastic plants. put your plastic plants in the DIY solution for a few minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Rinse thoroughly again. Place back in tank. sit down, relax,.

Thanks, I'll try it!

when you say 1 part bleach and 20 parts water, do you mean if I put 1 tablespoon of bleach, I then need to do 20 tablespoons of water?

Ok I am no expert but I will never ever use a chemical on anything which I intended to place in my tank. You need to fix the Algae problem itself. You can have Algae eaters like snails or if you don't like pleco like me you can have a saimese Algae Eater fish which remains small.

Ok I am no expert but I will never ever use a chemical on anything which I intended to place in my tank. You need to fix the Algae problem itself. You can have Algae eaters like snails or if you don't like pleco like me you can have a saimese Algae Eater fish which remains small.

but the algae isn't on my glass or anything other than the plants, so I don't think its an algae problem I have, and I've tried algae-gone, it helps a bit but it is still on my plants

but the algae isn't on my glass or anything other than the plants, so I don't think its an algae problem I have, and I've tried algae-gone, it helps a bit but it is still on my plants
I don't use any chemical even to remove Algae. I have a UV sterilizer which controls it. Yes if its on plants then Siamese Algae Eater fish will do the job. Very cheap fish and most importantly don't get big.

Also your plants no need to look always as they were when you bought them. Some weat and tear and Algae etc makes it atmospheric to be honest. If I were you I would just clean them normally and put them back.

I don't use any chemical even to remove Algae. I have a UV sterilizer which controls it. Yes if its on plants then Siamese Algae Eater fish will do the job. Very cheap fish and most importantly don't get big.

Also your plants no need to look always as they were when you bought them. Some weat and tear and Algae etc makes it atmospheric to be honest. If I were you I would just clean them normally and put them back.

okay, I'll look into the SAE more rather than chemicals, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom