Cleaning DW Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got my first small piece and its a nice shape anyways u can't get the darn thing clean! I've boiled it about 10 times now full pot to half pot then dumped the water rotates the wood and filled again every time the water comes out brown not as brown as the first 2-3 times but brown enough. It's Malaysian driftwood . Any ideas what I can do or will it always leech out or is it just because its being boiled its leeching ?

Also I have some rocks that I cleaned from my parents creek and they seem to have make the water ph go up by .2 and it stabilizes there I did the viniger test let them sit in boiling water 4-6 times with scrubbing a inbetween all is good its just buffering to 8.0 I have various danios a platy and a dwarf gourami and a ghost shrimp ph was already high.

Does drift wood help balance the ph I feel like I read that somewhere ?

http://i.imgur.com/WsW5LMj.jpg

It might take weeks for it to be clean get a bucket filled with tank water and leave it therw

Yea it can take like 80 boils to get it all out put it in the bucket and it will take however long it decides to take

Update the water from the boiling is starting to clear up a bit!

jClr8Cb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom