Cleaning fry tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lurker79

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 10g fry tank with mostly very small platy fry in it. There is one very small molly fry also. It is bare bottom with a few fake plants. I check the water levels daily because I had problems with this tank no too long ago. All of the levels have been perfect with the exception of a slight ammonia rise a few days ago. It went up to .25, I did a 50% water change and it went back down. It was 0 again yesterday. I want to clean the bottom of the tank but I am not sure the best way to do it. They will get sucked into the vac and I am afraid that even with something on the end of it they will still get sucked to it. Some of them were just born last weekend so they are very small. Any suggestions?

88527-albums13720-picture65091.jpg
88527-albums13720-picture65092.jpg

88527-albums13720-picture65091.html

I would put a pair of pantyhose on the end of a syphon. And/or syphon into a bucket, if you get any fry then put them back in the tank.

That's what I do. a panty hose on the end and hold the siphon almost flat on the bottom

Thanks for the advice I cleaned it yesterday and it worked pretty well. I thought they were pretty cute, I am glad you agree!

They are super cute-especially when they start to get their coloring!

Back
Top Bottom