Cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nadine_barretr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391554520.362850.jpg can someone explain to me how to clean my tank I have no idea what I'm doing I been taking all the water out and scrubbing everything totally clean and putting the fish back in all new water but I was told this is very wrong and that I should only take out 20% of the water and put 20% new water back in but when I did this the water looked even dirtier then what I started with :/ I know nothing please help !

After doing a 20% water change I sometimes use my water vac to clean the gravel out.

With Goldfish a 50-75% water change would be in order every week. vacuum the gravel while doing the water change. Are you running any type of filtration on the tank?

My tank has a slim filter s10 , I do not have a vac so I guess I'll have to go to the pet store and buy one .. I know nothing about aquariums this is all new to me .. My tank only has one cold water goldfish in it I had 2 but one died and the tank gets very dirty with brown gross stuff and fish poop :s

When I change the water and use the vacuum do I leave the fish in the water or do I take him out ?

Back
Top Bottom