Clear tentacle on my LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NuGooYa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys this is gonna be my first post on these forums. ^_^
I just started up my 10g nano and I noticed on my live rock that there was some kind of clear-ish tentacle. Can anyone please identify what this is?

Attachments

• image-2135047021.jpg
    image-2135047021.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 191
  • image-2506573657.jpg
    image-2506573657.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 198
  • image-937059428.jpg
    image-937059428.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 190
It looks like an aiptasia waiting for a chance to spread.. darned things.

Google it and see if that's what it looks like, if so get rid of it now before it spreads

It does look very similar how would I get rid of this pest? I read that if I try to rip it off they will just multiply. Do I need to completely get rod of that piece of live rock?

You can take the rock out and take a lighter to the thing, or you can buy some Joe's Juice or Aiptasia X.

There are multiple ways to get rid of them, you just need to find the method best for you

Hi! I am also new to the sw thing. Bought two tanks from someone last weekend and they were infested with aiptasia. I followed the advices I got here, to get some Aiptasia-x from LFS and seriously, these things were gone in seconds! Don't wait because you'll end up like me, having to kill a lot of them. It works super good.

does it retrace when you touch it? I dont think it is aptasia, could be something else though...

I havnt gotten to removing what ever this is but I noticed it got bigger(longer) and it doesnt seem to have a body like in the google images of aiptasia rather it just seems to be coming from the actual live rock

It could be a sponge, hard to tell from the pic. I have a sponge growing that is very similar in shape...

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom