Cleo (one of my cats) climbed the fish tank wall!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was walking downstairs just in time to see Cleo hanging from the recessed ceiling, on a ledge inbetween the regular ceiling. We are still waiting for our custom drilled tank to come in, so the space is wide open and boy I have no idea how she got up there! Once she was hanging, she just pulled herself right up there!!

Here's the full set up, where she climbed up...if you look closely you can see her eye shining!
cleotankwall7.jpg

Peek-a-boo!
cleotankwall8.jpg

cleotankwall6.jpg

cleotankwall1.jpg

Daniel climbed on the ladder and got some pictures from eye level
cleotankwall2.jpg

cleotankwall5.jpg

cleotankwall4.jpg

cleotankwall3.jpg

The first attempt to get her down (I actually had to climb on the frame and stand up to get her down!)
cleotankwall9.jpg

She loved it up there and did not want to come down! I can't believe her!

LOL! Clever little thing! Can you imagine if you didn't see her climb up there and she fell asleep? You would have been looking for ages!

:D What cat's won't do to get to the highest point in a room!

BTW, the fish tank is going to look great there. I like the curved ceiling ledge too.

Simply incredible! I've looked and I cannot find a single notch which would have allowed her to get a grip on her way up. The only option left is that she shimied her way up there.

So she IS able to get down! She climbed up there last night and I left her up there for 15 minutes and she came down by herself. So now the question is, how long has she been doing this for? lol

I was going to ask you if she has been continuing to do this. LOL, once your tank is in will there be anyway for her to get up there then? Because she looks like a determined kitty and if there is a will there will be a way......

awwww your Cleo looks just like my Jinxi!!!
And obviously just as curious and just as much as an acrobat! LOL

Jinxi says, "Cleo- you're doing it all wrong. Keep your head down and lay still when the people come in the room. Let them worry- that way when they find you, they'll be so happy they will pay lots of attention to you and give you treats." LOL

Attachments

• jinxi_135.jpg
    jinxi_135.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 11
Zagz said:
I was going to ask you if she has been continuing to do this. LOL, once your tank is in will there be anyway for her to get up there then? Because she looks like a determined kitty and if there is a will there will be a way......

No, I don't think so, I think everything will be sealed off, and she will have to find a new place to squeeze herself into, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom