Cloudy 75g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 75g community tank is getting a bit cloudy, it has only had fish in it for 1.5weeks, I may be overreacting. Did a 25% wc today and tested water 2 hours after. PH 7.8, ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates less than 5. It's a green sort of cloudiness, looks like algae somewhat.
Any ideas of what it could be?
Thanks

Green water algae bloom. UV sterilizer and black out method are 2 common remedies

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Could I just feed less and give it less light to see if it sorts out, or will that not work and should I nip it in the butt before it gets out of hand? Doesn't smell at all atm.

How did you cycle the tank? It's odd for a tank with fish in it to not have nitrates.

Originally used the bacteria in a bottle colony(as instructed by my chain lfs), but then used some media from a very established tank. Nitrates were slightly lighter than 5ppm from my master test kit.

Originally used the bacteria in a bottle colony(as instructed by my chain lfs), but then used some media from a very established tank. Nitrates were slightly lighter than 5ppm from my master test kit.
How many fish are in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom