Cloudy eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
My fish sometimes appears to have one cloudy eye. Not all the time. And it's the only one in the tank like that. Any ideas?

Please help

My fish has one cloudy eye. Only one of my fish out of the bunch has it. I just got back from vacation and noticed it. He/she is acting fine and eating plenty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Merged identical threads - it does belong here in the unhealthy fish forum.

Can you tell us a bit more about the issue? That might be why you didn't get a response initially.

What kind of fish is it?

What else is in the tank?

How long have you had the fish, and how long have you noticed this problem?

What are your water parameters?

If someone in that there knew about cloudy eyes they would have asked me questions!

It's a jade goby I have had it for about 2 months my tank has been up for 2 years . I have a green terror and a jack dempsy. I recently noticed my jade's one eye become cloudy some days it's worse then others. They get regular weekly water changes ranging from 25% to 50%. I have done several water test and can't find the problem. He is the only fish with the issue. I don't believe he had it when I got him but he is most active later in the evening so I'm not sure.

I can ONLY speak from my experience. I've had fish with cloudy and I've never dosed my tank with meds. It's always just gotten better. I recently had a Cichlid with cloudy eye and it had it for about 3 weeks and just today it's clearing up a lot.

The subject of the thread determines which sub-forum it goes into... not how much traffic each individual forum receives.

What are your water parameters testing at? (Ammonia/nitrite/nitrates). It sounds as if you have a good maintenance schedule, and clean water is important if there is an issue. Cloudy eye can also be caused by stress. What size is the tank and have you noticed any aggressive behavior?

If you are not seeing aggressiveness or other sources of stress, and you are keeping the water clean, I would give it a few weeks and then consider antibiotic treatment as a last resort if no improvement is made as it can also be a sign of a bacterial infection.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Convict :). I agree with his advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom