cloudy= not cycled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK i know many many people dont like bacteria in a bottle but my LFS seems to know what they are talking about because it is the cleanest and most amazing looking store ive ever been in and theyve told my dad staright up when he was messing up or when other advice he received was wrong....They recommended the TLC startsmart. well i used the prime to dechlorinate my water for 24 hrs. i added some tetras probably to many but none has died and at the same time i added my bottle of bacteria...threw the first week i had a slight ammonia spike never seen nitrites and some nitrates. now after the second week i have no ammonia that i can notice no nitrites and the nitrates are around ten ive been changing ten gallons out of 29 every week and now my tank is cloudy. it got cloudy it seems over night i did a extra water changed and changed my filter media. I had two ponges and a bag of biomax in my Aquaclear 70. but was told and read many places that the activated carbon would help with taking out organic matter that causes cloudiness so i took one of my sponges out and replaced it with the carbon ....after adding the carbon and doing the water change my water seemed clearer but after a day its cloudier than before... does this mean my tank is not necessarily cycled many will say no some might say yes i am just confused cause my levels seem fine just the water looks like crap....and ive actually been hearing and reading ALOT about Dr.Tim's One and Only....i thought about finding me some and adding it to the tank cause since its not chemical the excess would just die off ive cut my feeding and am keeping my lights off and hoping itll clear up by tomorrow night but like i asked do people get cloudy water like that even after the tank has been cycled

Back
Top Bottom