Cloudy Tank. Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heathercook

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 30 gallon tank with 3 angelfish. I am so frustrated. I have done everything everybody says I have used prime acclear I have had my water checked at fish store the water is fine I have done water changes like they say and it is the same. It's driving me crazy. Any suggestions.

Cloudy Tank Water

I have a 30 gallon tank with 3 angelfish. I am so frustrated. I have done everything everybody says I have used prime acclear I have had my water checked at fish store the water is fine I have done water changes like they say and it is the same. It's driving me crazy. Any suggestions.

Hello heather...

I takes a long time for the water chemistry to level off and clear up. You can get to that point a bit quicker if you're able to use a quality, cut to fit, polyfiber padding in your filtration system.

A company by the name of Acurel, has about the best product I've used. Their ammonia padding is very thick and can be reused. The padding attracts and holds the small particles that make the water hazy.

Get some of this product and change the tank water regularly. Don't forget to do a good job of vacuuming the substate.

B

pack a stocking with charcoal and put it in your filter should help clear it up that's usually what I do
I also use aquarium salts in my fw tanks it helps clear up hazy water also

Back
Top Bottom