Cloudy tank....Please Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phiberop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have not been able to get clear water for quite some time. Fresh or saltwater. My water is tap with salt added. temp is steady at 79 now and food is fed at morning and night in FO tank. 2 clowns and one keyhole angel. They seem to be happy as can be and cycle seem great.

I have an emperor 400 and a seaclone 100 PS in 46 gallon. I have a haze in the water. not that it is super cloudy but there is a definite haze. how can i get rid of this and have crystal clear water like everyone else. It seems to be that every tank i have ever had was cloudy. Am i cursed? I have cleaned all my substrate and decor and have done everything possible but add chemicals to treat this.

Please let me know if there is something that i can do any ideas would be great.

Thanks all.

I have not been able to get clear water for quite some time. Fresh or saltwater.
Is the water from the tap cloudy? If so I would suspect fluorines. How well is your skimmer working? If it's collecting alot of fluids there could be a foreign substance in the water causing your problem or the saltwater is not being mixed long enough prior to adding to the tank.

They seem to be happy as can be and cycle seem great.
This part may also suggest a possible cause. If the tank is still new, this many fish added to an improperly cycled tank could be causing continual bacterial blooms. How's the water paramaters? NH4, NO2, NO3 and ph? Feeding twice a day is also not needed. They only need feeding once a day at most or even every second day.

Since you've indicated there have been no chem additions, you might try looking for equipment causes such the outflow to the power filter. They primarily point straight down so it could easily be aggitating the substrate. While on that topic, I would honestly suggest an additional PH. The main water mover you have being a HOB is not all that efficient.

Have you tried a good grade of carbon to see if it helps remove the particulates?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom