Cloudy water help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joem6376

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My water has recently become quite cloudy, can someone please help!!!!!!!

Sorry I didn't mean to send that so fast but that's a bacterial bloom, do a 25% water changed and give it time, in a few days it should be crystal clear

I had a red Alge bloom. I had to move my tank bc of construction in my apt. Everyone lived. I also used Perco salt water. Now I have the most presine water . The only thing I have to deal with is my aggressive clownfish

Try cutting back on food for a few days. Also if you are using flakes, they can cause much cloudy water. Look for foods like Hikari which state they do not cloud the water. I would do a substrate vac too.

I do a water change every Friday usually 25% and its been cloudy for a couple of weeks now, ill try the cutting down on food idea, thanks

Green machine uv sterilizer would nock it out fast.

Very little known about your tank and too many answers. Can you tell us something about your tank, filter, cycled, feeding habits etc? I think based on that we could give you a more meaningful answer.

Guys he's right though, this won't do anything for bacterial blooms, it's only for algae
Green killing machine internal UV sterilizer with power head the green killing machine internal UV sterilizer with power head is a completely submersible UV sterilizer and power head in one. UV radiation is effective in controlling bacteria, yeast, molds and other pathogens, in turn controlling algae growth. Water flows in direct contact with the UV lamp, intensifying its function of fighting green water. In addition, it can be hidden behind ornaments in your aquarium, cutting back on tubing around your tank. The unit is designed for water to flow through in a zig zag pattern to maximize the exposure to the UV bulb making it incredibly efficient and effective. Features:Water pump included simple 1-2-3 installation submersible assembly no external pipes or plumbing suction cup mounting - no hardware required led signals need for UV bulb replacement electrically child safe 12v low voltage design zigzag flow designs for maximum sterilizing time radiation at a wavelength of 254mn making the unit extremely effective filtration pump and sponge inclusive.

Last edited:
A bit more to know about my tank, water changes are done once a week at 25%, all the sand and gravel is cleaned at this time too. Feeding habit is twice a day flake food but since I've had the water problem I have cut the amount of food put it (still no change in water). The tank is stocked with 6 neon tetras, 3 endless, 1 swarf gourami and 3 gold white cloud mountain minnows. Sorry for taking so long to reply to you all

Try switching to some small pellets, small enough for the type of fish you have, ask the pet store owner what pellets they recommend for your type of fish, flakes are a horrible food because of water quality issues

Back
Top Bottom