Cloudy water help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleechford

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys, so I have a heavily planted 10g and in the past two days my water turned cloudy, definitely a greenish tint? I'm not sure, you guys tell me at the picture below. My levels are ammo 0, trites 0, and trates barely above zero. I dose flourish (weeky) and excel (daily) and microbacter 7 (weekly). I also do a PWC every Sunday. Does anybody know what this is and could help me out! Its never been like this before. I'm freaking out! Thanks!

image-3275061621.jpg

Attachments

• image-3271187478.jpg
    image-3271187478.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 78
Anyone? I came to the conclusion that it is "pea soup," a green algae bloom. But how do I cure this problem?

Possible causes are either:
- Excess light, especially direct sunlight
- Excess nutrients
- Excess wastes
Your best bet is to do a water change on the tank and keep the tank light off for a couple days.
If this doesn't solve the problem, you are probably dosing too much plant ferts. You may wanna read over the dosage instructions again to make sure your dosing correctly. Hope this helps :)

I've had the same issue and on day 3 of a blackout and my water has improved drastically! Plus a lot of the alge has gone, try it and see if it helps :D

Invest in a UV filter. The best cure!!!! And you want have to keep adding chemicals to your tank which will dramatically reduce the life span of your fish.

Definitely recommend an internal uv. Fish r fun internal green killing machine is one of the best buys I have had, it rid my water probs in four days, and I have not had to add any chemicals to get it beautifully clear. Loads recommend it including me, you will never look back.

Thanks guys!! I have a green killing machine on its way!! I should get it tomorrow! I will update everyone with pics!!

Give it a week and your water will be clearer than tap water. (y)

Back
Top Bottom