Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike10

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All,
I have a planted 90 gal fresh water tank. I have been in this hobby for over 10 years. I have never had a problem with cloudy water issues until recently. After I change the water, mainly to get rid of the cloudy water, it gradualy comes back within the week. It does not appear to be green but gets worst daily.There are no dead fish or plants to link this issue to. Any one ever have this problem? It is very odd for me not to get this figured out as long as I have had aquariums but I have tried every thing I know. I do not like resorting to chemicals which only work for a short time .

Have you made any significant changes to your tank recently? New fish, plants, substrate? Is it a milky cloudiness or more of a brown/murky look?

No major changes, this has been going on for several weeks now. It seeks to be more of a white cloudiness with a skim on top of the water also. I am changing my water very frequent adding a colonize product after changing but cloudiness creeps back up only after a few days. I only have 5 fish in a 90 gal tank with plants. I add flourish for plants once a week or so. I do not use carbon any longer because I have been told it removes nutrients that the plants could use. I change my water so often carbon would be of little use anyway.I aso have a uv lamp inuse. I am thinking about replacing all my drift wood, it seems a little spongy when I clean it and it clouds the water there after, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom