Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishiefish51

Aquarium Advice Activist
I really dont know anymore....my water is always cloudy. I thought it was my filter but it wasnt cause I bought a new one and it didnt help. I clean my tank. I do water changes and its still ALWAYS cloudy. Is it my gravel? I have a deep color blue. Is the coloring comming off and going into my water?? Should I change my blue gravel to a natural gravel?? Please help!

Mine is just always cloudy no matter what and its really starting to piss me off

My pH is and has always been high. Is that why? Its always around 8

Are you sure it isn't green water? Lighting can sometimes play with our eyes.

fishiefish51 said:
My pH is and has always been high. Is that why? Its always around 8

Yea that can be an issue. Test your tap water's ph. If it's around the same then that's not the problem.

Is everything in your tank aquarium safe or anything that can be possibly leeching something?

Yes everything is safe and bought from a pet store. I do have a water softener would that do anything?

Depends. If possible test your taps ph it would help.

Not much else I can think of that can cause cloudy water. I figure you do weekly water changes and siphon out your gravel.

Hmm like I said is it possible to test your taps ph? Could be an excess of silicates or phosphate that can usually cause cloudy water but we can't confirm that unless we know the your tanks ph is different than your tap.

Aha! Ok now the question is what's causing it. Do you happen to have limestone in the tank? Do you notice a decoration fading? What did you use as gravel?

I used Estes gravel. Its blue and yes I have noticed some of the rocks are kinda chiped without blue on them

Ok I don't want to say it's the gravel and have you change it only to find out that wasn't the culprit.

I'm stumped :S

I dont know I think it is. One time when I did a water change the water was blue like the gravel inside the bucket

Back
Top Bottom