Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SLoViper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok i have a weird problem, my water turns cloudy when i have the light on for few hours and it clears up when i turn it off. I have a hagen glo ho with a blue and white bulb, so im thinking that the blue bulb makes my water go cloudy. What do you guys think?
thanks

SLoViper said:
Ok i have a weird problem, my water turns cloudy when i have the light on for few hours and it clears up when i turn it off. I have a hagen glo ho with a blue and white bulb, so im thinking that the blue bulb makes my water go cloudy. What do you guys think?
thanks

Hmm how long has your tank been running? Maturing tanks have these issues with bacterial blooms. It eventually goes away.

My tank has been up and running since may i had bacterial bloom at the beginning when the **** was cycling but it cleared up and i also have 2 filters a fluval 406 and a fluval 306 so i dont think is that.A couple of weeks ago one of the 306 died so i ended buying a bigger one 406. It cleared up the water within 2 days, and then i was away from home for 3 days and when i came home the water was cloudy again.

light alone doesn't cloud water. Excessive nutrients and light can cause algae blooms. Could be a bacterial bloom or an ammonia/nitrite spike. What are your water parameters? Test the water right before the light goes off for the night and right before you turn it on for the day. Is there a difference?

Back
Top Bottom