cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't do damsels not a good idea.

I have a idea to speed things up. Get a net and drop in a shrimp cocktail. That will help the cycle along.

Yeah I want peaceful fish. I definitely frowned when he told me I could use a damsel. I've always done fish in cycles with freshwater with success. But a 2$ guppy is different than a 10-30$ fish

Yeah I want peaceful fish. I definitely frowned when he told me I could use a damsel. I've always done fish in cycles with freshwater with success. But a 2$ guppy is different than a 10-30$ fish

That's the truth. Try the shrimp. That's how I cycled my tank. I used 2.

I'll admit I used it. I bought 2 bottles and dumped it in. I had the 2 shrimp also so not sure if it really worked or not.

Get a net, put the shrimp in the net and put it in the tank. Let it sit and decay.

Here is the color my ammonia is with my API kit its the freshwater kit do I don't have the color chart the solution is the same. (why don't they just give both sets? I guys do they can make more money)

Nitrite color chart is the same do I know there are none

ForumRunner_20130123_012904.jpg
Maybe 1 or 2?

Here is the color my ammonia is with my API kit its the freshwater kit do I don't have the color chart the solution is the same. (why don't they just give both sets? I guys do they can make more money)

Nitrite color chart is the same do I know there are none

Maybe 1 or 2?

Yeah looking like 2ppm

kwandrsn said:
Just got off interstate

They have a bunch of coral banded shrimp. They also have a pistol shrimp in the far left small tank on the checkout counter, if you want to see one in person.
Your at your limit on personal messages.

Cool beans, sorry I missed you. Would have been cool to meet.
kwandrsn said:
will hermits handle the cycle
Forgot your not cycled yet. Better wait so they don't die.

I'd just add a raw shrimp to a carbon bag and wait for the cycle to run it's course. You could read a saltwater book or two to pass the time and get ready for your clown. I'd only add one fish to a 10 at most personally. I had a clown in a 10 gallon reef for many years.

It doesn't look like anything I googled but he said it was. He tested my water and said my salt was 1.030 my hydrometer says 1.026 without any bubbles he told me to remove 3 gal and add fresh and use 1.020 on my hydrometer .

Back
Top Bottom