cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would assume distilled water would give you a definite zero starting point. But you know what happens when you assume.

Yeah its all so cool because everything is new. I've had fresh water aquariums for the last 30 years. This reef tank has been a new and exciting experience. Seriously, you will find yourself sitting in front of it with a flashlight at night looking for new creatures that just appear. Heck it was almost 4 months before I saw a crab that had hitch hiked in on my rock.

Ahhhhh, well I'm sure there is still some hitch hikers in there. Is it still cloudy? Picture?

Ok I found a white wormy things sticking up when I shine light directly on them they disappear when I take the light off they come back

They have to be some form of feather duster or tube worm. Pulsating zenia doesn't retract like that. I have some.

Ok well I'm not talking about the growth thing I shined the light in and there were small white things sticking up moving around and when I shined the light on them they disappeared. The growth with the "hands" doesn't seem to care about light or dark it stay out unless you touch out

There are several and they are really small and when you shine a light thru glass you can see them wiggling around but they don't actually move. When you shine light from top the disappear lol

Sounds like you have a lot of cool stuff to keep you interested. I'm sure you will find lots more.

Found a third thing coming out of rock. It has several tenticles coming out of hole and they have stripes and kinda hairy and long :-(

Found a third thing coming out of rock. It has several tenticles coming out of hole and they have stripes and kinda hairy and long :-(

I'd lay money on a brittle star. I have 6 of them. Almost looks like octopus tentacles? White with brown stripes?

Yeah they are like tan with brown stripes it looks I thought they were just algae but with the lights, out they, stretch out and when on they pull back almost all the way in

Back
Top Bottom