cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got my maxi jet 400, bio system 55 filter, extra filters, saltwater test kit, digital thermometer that I think is wrong says 81, and a 22" glass scrubber

Here its a pic

ForumRunner_20130130_131819.jpg

ForumRunner_20130130_131829.jpg

The skimmer is a plastic tube that floats sound the intake tube and it sucks water from surface into filter

Ahhh, that's good. Just so long as you didn't decrease your beneficial bacteria colony. Power back on yet?

That's good!!! Just got back from AC. The owner gave me a single polyp of the Orange Dendrophyllia!

Well I got everything hooked up. I liked this pump you can use it as a circulation pump. Powerhead or water pump. My tank is a little warm. My glass thermo said 77. The digital said 81 and I took the glass one out of my wifes tank and its reading about 81. So I'm trying to get theed temp down slowly

Ok so I need an opinion. This filter takes 4 cartridges. 2 are just the plastic frame and carbon inserts
The other 2 are plastic frames, carbon inserts then a foam reusable pad.

Water flows thru the bare carbon inserts then thru the carbon with foam pad.

See picture.

Do I really need to run 4 filters?
How would you run this setup?

My skilter 400 also has 4 slots for pads. I only use the 2 closest to the tank. I use deep blue phosphate reducer, cut to size pads. I heard the carbon filter pads basically only remove smell from the tank. Also removes medications you may treat the tank with.

Ok well I have a bunch of filter pads lol I was just wondering if I should use 2 instead of 4 and if I should use the blue foam pads

If you use 4 it will give you more surface area for beneficial bacteria. Imo 4 is not necessary as long as the filter media is fine enough to trap debris.

I'll just use 4 they are cheap lol. Having heater issues I got my heater set on 75 and my thermo on the other side of the tank still at 80

I feed oinkers a very very small slither of frozen then gave a really small pinch of flake that I crumbled and held under the surface they seemed to eat better

I feed oinkers a very very small slither of frozen then gave a really small pinch of flake that I crumbled and held under the surface they seemed to eat better

That's good. They just need time to get comfortable in their new home.

Regarding your heater, I have a 100W pro heater. It's set at 70 and the temp stays right on 76. Just keep slowly adjusting the temp down on the heater till you reach your actual true temp.

Back
Top Bottom