Cloudy water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishShack

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

I added flourish, leaf zone and co2 booster to my tank for the first time, following the directions. Is cloudy water normal and will it go away?

Thank you

Yes the cloudy is very normal. It will go away within a week or a little after maybe even before!

And I added root tabs, but thanks for the reply can't wait for it to clear up, :dance:, if I added these again to the tank by following the directions will my tank always be cloudy? I guess they all three would not be added at the same time again per directions, but just thought I'd ask anyway

But in my experience adding a lot of chemicals to the water at a time can cause cloudiness but it's not so bad. Search a little more about the product and see which one could cause the cloudiness. I don't think it would be the root tabs.

Oh no don't think the tabs either would have caused the cloudiness just wanted to tell you what all was added, but if I follow the directions per the bottles I might have a cloudy tank all the time, right or is this a one time thing?

Well personally I only use flourish and tabs and never get cloudy water from that cause so maybe it's the other. Never used the other

Cloudy cause I used leaf and flourish at the same time. Too much fertilizer made it cloudy. Hope it goes away like you said.

Dosing fertilizer is mostly unrelated to cloudy water. Unless you had some sort of odd precipitation reaction, the two events are probably unrelated. How old is the tank?

Tank is about 3 years old, I added flourish, leaf zone and co2 booster all at once for the first time ever and then it was cloudy afterwards. Hopefully in a couple of days it will clear up.

Well I woke up this morning and the cloudiness is gone, thanks everyone, probably just use the flourish and CO2 booster moving forward.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom