Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ff.rice

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok..... I did a 20% water change and rinsed all of my filter media off in the water that I took out. Now my tank has been cloudy for about 4 days.... My plan was to just wait it out and let it clear up, but it's not.... Ill get chem readings later tonight hopefully, but they were great 2 days ago...... It just won't clear up, but it's not getting any worse either! Of course the pic doesn't look all that bad.... But it is cloudier than normal!

Attachments

• image-1089532853.jpg
    image-1089532853.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 104
Did you disturb the substrate? Get some filter floss.....that will definitely take out any debris. Otherwise, Purigen works wonders.

Is it cloudy or is there fine particles on the water? Filter floss/poly floss/poly fill/polishing pads are all good options but that doesn't get to the main issue here which is why is it cloudy.

Could be a bloom. I'd check your parameters when you can. Of there all in check then were leaning more towards the other way.

I wouldn't do anymore water changes just yet. Tap water checks out ok? You mentioned it happened after a water change correct?

Is it cloudy or is there fine particles on the water? Filter floss/poly floss/poly fill/polishing pads are all good options but that doesn't get to the main issue here which is why is it cloudy.

Could be a bloom. I'd check your parameters when you can. Of there all in check then were leaning more towards the other way.

I wouldn't do anymore water changes just yet. Tap water checks out ok? You mentioned it happened after a water change correct?

I was just going to say this hehe! My filter floss idea was just in case you did disturb the substrate, which you didn't. That stuff is best for debris. If your water parameters do check out, it could be a bacteria bloom. In that case, not so bad and you just have to wait it out like a week, always keeping tabs on the parameters.

How long has the tank been set up? Besides cleaning the filter media, have you added any new fish recently?

No new fish.... And I'm leaning towards a bloom. I only did the PWC because my ammonia was slightly elevated.... I'm just gonna wait it out I think

You should be good. I just looked at the pic again, and it's really not that cloudy at all. That's a funky setup, by the way. What kind of wood is that?

There's actually not any wood in there.... It's all store bought decor.... And the clear thing is a face piece from a firefighter breathing apparatus.... I'm a firefighter lol

Nice! I've never seen anything like that before (the setup). It's so cool to see the different ideas people have. This is why I'm a member of 3 different forums and have all the apps on my phone!

I am also having this issue so by waiting it out do you mean by doing nothing differently? I was thinking algae bloom for a bit so i was leaving my lights on less and trying to address it that way, but I was looking at it today and it is more of a white cloudy.

I am also having this issue so by waiting it out do you mean by doing nothing differently? I was thinking algae bloom for a bit so i was leaving my lights on less and trying to address it that way, but I was looking at it today and it is more of a white cloudy.

If parameters are in check IMO I wouldn't do water changes just yet, let it run it course. Now if your talking algae then check your phosphates, feeding and lights which you mentioned you've addressed.

See if that helps. Sometimes the best thing to do is not to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom