Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beandoo

Aquarium Advice Regular
About two months ago I got a 10 gallon aquarium which has 3 ADFs, a Golden Comet Swordtail, a Golden MS, and a lot of pond snails, the tank also has a few different types of plants with moss balls on the way. But, for the past month now the water has been quite noticeably cloudy and I'm not sure if this will affect the health of the inhabitants. How should I fix this? Would an air stone help? Please help and thanks in advance.

Sounds like a bacterial bloom. I can't remember what causes them right now. Keep changing water. Might Google freshwater bacterial bloom if no one else pipes up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If the tank is cycled it's likely just a bloom. It will pass with time and water changes.

Caleb

I did a 60% water change yesterday and I'm thinking that it helped. If it didn't I'm going to do another water change tomorrow. If I'm doing it totally wrong can someone please tell me. Sorry I'm new to this kind of stuff.

Hey. I had the same problem a few months back. My water turned from a hazy white to a thick white cloudy color and eventually turned green! It didn't hurt the fish, but it looked awful. It looked like I had a glowing green rectangle sitting in my room. I tried everything to fix it. I bought a $200 filter, did 50% water changes everyday for a week, algae drops... All to no avail. I was given advice to buy a UV sterilizer and I did and within a week my water was crystal clear. I bought it off of Amazon for about $30. Totally worth the money. My Water has been crystal clear ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey. I had the same problem a few months back. My water turned from a hazy white to a thick white cloudy color and eventually turned green! It didn't hurt the fish, but it looked awful. It looked like I had a glowing green rectangle sitting in my room. I tried everything to fix it. I bought a $200 filter, did 50% water changes everyday for a week, algae drops... All to no avail. I was given advice to buy a UV sterilizer and I did and within a week my water was crystal clear. I bought it off of Amazon for about $30. Totally worth the money. My Water has been crystal clear ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's for green water algae. It's algae that free floats in the tank giving it a green color. The UV Sterilizer is what fixed it.

The UV likely won't cure other blooms though it may prove helpful till it passes on its own ;)

Caleb

Solution?

Should I just keep on doing water changes? I think that the water change helped. Is it okay to do another one today?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom