Cloudy with a chance of puffer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktomminello

Aquarium Advice Addict
I can't post pictures anymore because I can't erase my posted pics, don't know why, crashes everytime I try. Anyway- My biocube is stable, has been running for a week, added snails on day 3, stayed stable, added a watchman goby and a mated pair of peppermint shrimp, still stable- grav= 1.023-4, ph= 8.3, ammo=0, trItes=0, trAtes=0 (FINALLY!!!!!) chlors=0 :dance::dance::D

My goby has a little cavern area, with the shell of a large barnacle as part of his entrance to a live rock rubble nest with open sand and a private porous cave for exploration. The shrimp have taken well to the underside caverns of the one piece of live rock that has colonial polyps starting to show up, and can hide incredibly and have already produced one batch of treats (babies) for my goby and other undiscovered carnivores :ROFLMAO::popcorn:

:ermm::hide: I think with the stability I now have in my cube that it is just about ready for puff puff (my baby/juvenile green spotted puffer). His accurate measurement without tail is just under 3 inches, my goby is an adult and measures in at almost 5 inches, and my peppermints are 3 and 4 inches. I was planning on adding puffy on Wednesday, providing my parameters stay stable and my tank cloudiness continues to lessen (I think my goby is causing the cloudiness, he likes to dig through the sand and spit it at any snail or other organism that gets in it's "comfort zone" :rolleyes:

Does this sound about right for my addition (he's a temporary addition, until I can build him his custom 40g- 7 months or so)? I added the goby and the shrimp this past Wednesday and they are settled in nicely, snails are doing great- I am supplementing with iodine and calcium per daily instructions, plus using Kent's Microvert 2X a week.

Just looking for a couple of people to give me some feed back or thumbs up or something.

:thanks::thanks::thanks: For reading, and/ or any comments...

I might be wrong, but I think that the puffer will eat the Peppermint shrimp. :(

I know it, but I'm hoping with how I have my tank set up and the fact that they are WAY bigger than my puffer might be key. I wish I could post pics.... Plus the fact that they are a mating pair and I have baby shrimplets bursting out of my tank (not really, but they have kept my goby busy :) ) that they might survive a couple months- oh yeah did I mention my 15 ceriths, 20 nassarius, 15 astrea and 3 turbo snails as well?? I'm not expecting much to last with puff puff, which is one of the reasons he is not a permanent tank occupant.

Back
Top Bottom