Clown fish has a white spot on nose and dorsal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shap0311

Aquarium Advice Regular
My clown fish has a white spot on dorsal and nose. No other fish has any spots. Any clues.

I'll get one in the morning when I get home.

Looks like lymphocytosis . It also looks like there is some kind of secondary infection from it as well.

First do a bunch of image searches and verify it . There is no cure for lympho you just have to ride it out for about a month and maintain very clean water. As far as secondary infection you can treat those appropriately but I am not sure your fish even has one or if those are just the lympho lumps .

Funny mine has the same but his lip & on its side fin! I got him about 3+ wks ago, he looked fine, then the white stuff appeared in a couple days! After a wk it looked like it was gone then back worse! I talked to the shop where I got him & he said it's cuz it's young & it's immune system needs to mature & fight it off. He eats, swims & is active so far! I have a large black clown that sleeps & swims w/the new lil guy & she still is clean so I'm hoping he's right as I'd hate my other fish to all get polluted! I do wkly 20%water changes since I have a crowded tank & elevated nitrates but everything else is good!! He also said a cleaner shrimp might "fix" him too!

Yeah it's similar to your young one. He is very active and swims and everything seems normal. Just that spot on nose ad dorsal. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for all your help guys. I arrived home this morning from work and found him TU in the sand. Guess he wasn't as well as he seemed. Are clown fish more susceptible to illness and dying as other fish. We have had four that haven't made it. Meanwhile our Chinese zebra dart fish, Pygmy angel, and blue spot goby show no signs of illness or wear. Any clues.

Back
Top Bottom